Edge Computing is a revolutionary technology that has the potential to revolutionise the way businesses and organizations process and store data.
It is a distributed computing model that uses distributed resources to process, analyse, and store data closer to where it is being created or used and has the potential to revolutionise the way businesses and organisations process and store data, offering improved performance, scalability, and cost savings.
Benefits of Edge Computing
- Lower Latency: Edge Computing reduces latency by bringing data processing and storage closer to the source, which reduces the amount of time it takes for data to be processed and stored.
- Increased Data Security & Privacy: Edge Computing increases data security and privacy by allowing data to be processed and stored closer to where it is being created or used.
- Improved Performance: Edge Computing improves performance by reducing the amount of time it takes for data to be processed and stored.
Challenges of Edge Computing
- Cost: Edge Computing can be expensive to implement due to the need for specialized hardware and software.
- Integration: Edge Computing can be difficult to integrate into existing systems due to the complexity of the technology.
- Security: Edge Computing can be vulnerable to security threats due to the distributed nature of the technology.
Edge Computing Adoption
- Industry Adoption: Edge Computing is being increasingly adopted by industries such as finance, healthcare, and manufacturing.
- Government Adoption: Edge Computing is being adopted by governments around the world to improve the efficiency of their operations.
- Business Adoption: Edge Computing is being adopted by businesses of all sizes to improve the performance of their operations.
While there are still challenges to be overcome, Edge Computing is becoming increasingly adopted by businesses and governments around the world.
Working with our partners including Nutanix, Scale Computing, HPE, IBM, AWS, Microsoft, Nvidia, VMware and several other industry specific solutions, ET Works is well positioned to support you to Discover, Define, Implement and Manage edge computing and hyperconverged / hybrid-cloud solutions.
- Scale Computing: Managing Applications from Beyond the Data Center
- Nutanix: Edge Computing for Dummies
- IBM – What is edge computing?
- Microsoft – What is edge computing?
- StorMagic: Gartner® Market Guide for Edge Computing
- Rubrik: An Edge-ier Approach to Remote & Branch Office Protection